Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thunder Thigh Thursday

Ok, as I have been reading my dear friend Molly's, and her friend Fremas blogs, I see that they are doing a Weigh in Wed. blog. Well, for me, I do not weigh in on Wed.....I weigh in on Thursdays, so I needed a good title for my weigh in story of the week. What would go with Thursday????? Since this is a weight loss story, I thought THUNDER THIGH THURSDAY sounded really nice.
I started my weight loss journey September 14, 2006. The day Cooper came home from his cranio surgery. I had put it off all summer...and by the time we had come home from our 8 day stay in Milwaukee for the kids surgeries, I have had it with my weight. Clothes always fitting snug, pants to tight around the waist, it was time to get serious. I of course, Like Molly have also had my bumps in the road. I won't lie...It's been tough. But every day I feel better and better. I have 4 children and a husband who need me - I was done being selfish!
Through today, I have lost 8.5 inches around my waist, dropped 3 pant sizes and 2 top sizes. In 2 1/2 months, I am down 35 lbs!!! I am no where near where I need to be, but It's a start. I had Keegan get on the scale with me this morning and he weighed in at 35 lbs. I HAVE LOST KEEGAN!!!! Let me tell you....to me, 35 lbs didn't seem like a big number until I saw how much Keegan weighed. Visually..... 35 lbs is a lot!
Christmas is coming and I hope I do as well through the holiday as I did Thanksgiving.
My goal before going to Mexico Jan 31st is to lose 50lbs. Hopefully I will be able to make my goal and then some before then.
Until next week - Happy munching!
Here is a picture of me 35 lbs ago. I will add a me "now" picture tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

You GO friend! You're doing great! Can't wait to take a couple skinny pictures together this weekend. Woo-hoo!

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO, CINDY!!! I am SO IMPRESSED (and jealous!) Keep up the GREAT work (and yes, beleive me I know it's VERY hard work, especially with a family) I'm proud of you!!!