Thursday, May 17, 2007

Please say a little prayer

I think today was one of the toughest days of my life as being a mother of twins. Something happened today that I hoped I would never have to do.

A few months back a proud mother expecting twins arrived at our monthly twins club meeting. I remember sitting with her at our meeting, getting to know her and learning about the beautiful girls that she would soon be delivering. Just a few days ago, that day finally arrived , but the totally unexpected happened. Her first daughter, Ruby came into the world at 4:51pm, and has been Diagnosed with having down syndrome. Her second daughter, Lydia, arrived at 4:53pm - still born.

How does this happened? Why does God do this?

Today was Lydia's visitation and service. I can't even begin to tell you how hard it was for my friend Jenni and I to see this family. No parent should ever have to go through this pain.

Please, If you have a free moment in your day, please say a prayer for this family. They are going to need every little bit they can get in the next couple of months.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! i read that in the obituaries this week! it's always horrible to see anyone young! those are supposed to be for old people who have lived full lives already! we all talked about it after reading it at work about how one would move on from something so devastating??? i can't imagine! our prayers go out to this family!

Michelle said...

Hi Cindy -
I just wanted to thank you & Jenni again for coming to the memorial yesterday. We were so overwhelmed by the number of people who showed up - it was amazing. The whole past week still feels unreal. I hope to make it to the summer twins club meetings - it will get me out of the house for a few hours if nothing else.