Sunday, June 10, 2007

Man's best friend ~ again

OK, so I know all of you are going to think I am totally whacked, but I have an announcement to make. We have an addition to our crazy family. Let me be the first to introduce to you Jake, our new 6 month old black lab.

It's kind of funny how Jake (aka CoCo) came to us. Friday there had been a bunch of rummage sale within a couple of blocks of our house so I decided to take the kids for a walk. The first sale we stopped at was just about 5 house down from ours. I had bought an almost new Britax Marathon car seat for 35.00 and JAKE! Yup, We bought Jake at a rummage sale. The family that was having the sale - their daughter and her family live in an apartment and they are going to be moving. They have 2 dogs, but could only take one to the new place so they had decided that Jake need to find a new home. He was perfect and I fell in love. He is house trained, kid trained (they have a 4 yr old boy), he came with all of his shots and was very well behaved.


When Matt came home for lunch, the kids and I walked him down so he could meet Jake (aka CoCo). 15 minutes later, Jake was on his way back to our house!


He is such a good dog - we couldn't be happier.


This past Saturday, Appleton had their annual Flag Day Parade. This parade is the longest parade in the US. The twins club that we belong to walked in it. This is our 3rd yr walking. It was a ton of fun. This year is also Appleton's 150 yr birthday and because of that, the University of Wisconsin's' marching band was asked to join the parade. If of you know anything about the UW band - you'll know that they are a fun and crazy group. After every football game they play what is called a "5Th quarter". They play a ton of fun songs that everyone gets up and dances to. Anyhow, unexpectedly, we were lined up right behind them in the parade. It was fun to listen to their " 5Th quarter" music while we walked.


Hope all of you had a great weekend.

5 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

He's cute!!

Parade sounded like fun, too. Glad you had a good time. :o)

Anonymous said...

welcome jake! (mom....you are nuts:)

Amy W said...

Love the pics!

We are possibly getting a dog as well...

my4kids said...

Jake looks like a great puppy! And trained already is even better!
Thanks for comming by my blog and commenting. Wow 2 sets of twins! I though having 4 in 5 years seperatly was hard! Also yes I have a preemie. Is 10 now only has a few problems from it after a very rocky start. I will have to go through and catch up on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Whoa...cute dog! I'm thinking a 3 day full blown puppy play party extravaganza!! And if Jake ever needs a babysitter when you're out of town or you just need a break, you know who to call...Betsy and Brady!!