Monday, October 02, 2006

Granny "in training"

Not sure why, but I blogged twice today. Maybe it's because I have nothing else to do??? Nope, that's not it - seen my house lately??? Because I had 2 blogs I just couldn't wait to get up!

Here is picture of the kids training our friend Miss Shelley. Her daughter Meghan is getting married next summer and we decided it's not a minute to early to start training to be a grandma. Meghan may disagree, Shelley may disagree, but not my kids! They love her. We had a girls (and tiny tots) dinner Friday night while all of our husbands were together on a guys weekend away. So, we ordered Chinese, Shelley brought dilly bars from Dairy queen and we had a blast!
After dinner Shelley stayed for our nightly routine - baths, jammies, and storytime. PLUS the occasional piggy back ride that she was handing out. By the time bed time came around, I wasn't sure who need to rest more, the kids or Shelley. (We won't mention that she had only been at our house since 5pm). It's ok Shelley. We'll get you whipped into to Granny shape by the time your fist grand child is born!
Thanks for everything Miss Shelley!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy-
That's a nice thought about the "grandma in training", but I think she's got awhile yet to train. All the pictures are very cute.

Lost A Sock said...

Sounds like fun times.

Mmmm dilly bars...

Anonymous said...

Hi there,I am a Chinese girl and discover this blog by chance. I like it very much and would like to set a link on my blog. Would you agree?^_^

Anonymous said...

Cindy -- Just caught up on your last few posts. They are getting better and better. Love the b/w and sepia-tone photos. Great shots.

Go Shelley -- grandma in training!

tish
girlfriendsgetaway.wordpress.com