Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Just when you think you see a light at the end of the tunnel...

....this happends - you find a bone in a place where you think it shouldn't be. I can't tell you what it is or how it happend, but I am thinking.....It's not good. I believe that her skull is shifting. The left side of her head is "normal" feeling, but the right side has this huge ridge that runs along the side of her head.
So, the first thing Monday morning I called her Cranial facial team at Children's. I talked to one of Dr. Jensen's Nurses and she wanted me to email pictures of this bone. Ok, well, to actually see this bone would mean I would have to give this poor little girl a hair cut.
not the easiest task in the world, but we got it done. I am hoping to hear something from Dr. Jensen today or Wed. Meanwhile, I will be having a nice chat with the man upstairs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there mom. I'm hoping its just the good ol' plates starting to shift around already. As the brain starts pushing things out, plates will shift. It'll take a year or so prior to the plates dissolving and absorbing. Until then, things may continue to look a little bumpy and lumpy at times. Keep us posted on what the craniofacial team says. Here's hoping its no more than this! Wish this journey ~ even postop was easier than it is at times. (((hugs))) Kaci

Lost A Sock said...

What can I say but, UGH. I hope this is nothing serious. On to the next waiting game...

Big (((HUGS)))