Saturday, September 16, 2006

Brigg's & Al's run/walk for Children's hospital of Wisconsin

Yea - We finished! Ok, so it was only 3 miles. But it was hot, partially up hill, and we were pushing strollers. That's got to count for something right?
When Cooper and Carson's were released from the NICU we were asked by a nurse to be part of the Children's Champions program. All we needed to do was to tell our story, but our story seems to keep going and going.
So, we had been asked to do a few things lately to help raise money for Children's Hospital. A few months ago, I was asked to tell our cranio stories live on the radio for a radio - a- thon. That happend on friday. Prior to that, I thought it would be fun to participate in a walk honoring all NICU and PICU patients.
So, I set up my fundraising page, collect thoughtful donations, and today we walked our 3 miles for Children's hospital. It was great. The kids had a blast!!!! It was great to see how many people showed up. I believe they said they had just under 19,000 people for this event. WOW!
The Marquette men's and women's basketball teams came to the Children's champions breakfast area and handed out bags with goodies in them. I have a pic of Carson and Cooper sporting their new MU hats. Too funny. The really went above and beyond t make these kids feel special.

The most amazing part of the whole thing was that a friend of mine who I had been chatting with on a Cranio message board (www.cappskids.org), mind you, we have neever met, never spoke on the phone, but our 3 children all had their cranio surgeries done within months of each other (Cooper and Ashley even had the same Neurosurgeon) picked us out of a crowed of 19,000 people. I guess when you have 2 sets of twins, 2 singles and a dbl stroller, you kind of stick out. It was amazing to finally meet my "online cranio chat friend".

I have to say this will be on our "to do" list for years to come.

Ok, so blogger is being a poop tonight - I can't get the rest of my pics up. Stay tuned.....Hopefully I will be able to add them tomorrow!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids all look great. I'll keep checking for updates!!!

Lost A Sock said...

Very cute pics of the kids in the stoller. They look so cute in their hats and matching shirts. Glad to hear the walk went well! :0)

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to meet up with Ashley and mom! Too funny they picked out the Cole crew amongst the huge crowd. :)
Kaci