Friday, September 15, 2006

Everybody Hurts

Ok -I made it!!! I did my duty by going to the radio - a - thon and telling our story for Children's Hospital.
I made the mistake of listening to the show on my way up. I was a crying fool by the time I got there. I didn't know how I was going to make it through with a dry eye. Suprisingly, I didn't cry, but I sure had a lump in my throat. I don't know how those guys sit there and listen to all the stories from Children's. Not me, no way!!

I know how bad it hurts. I think it stings a bit more when you've been though it.
I know I still hurt - and I know I am not the only one. Hugs to all the families out there that have had to use Children's Hospital.

4 comments:

Swampwitch said...

I really not sure how I ended up here, but your post today caught my attention. Actually, your avatar is what captured it first.
I have not taken the time to go back and read your earlier posts, or even your profile, but I'm headed there now.

Lost A Sock said...

I am so glad that things went ok. I've been thinking about you.

The addition to music on your blog is such a great idea. I love it.

Good luck with the walk tomorrow.

INSANITY said...

Swampwitch:
Thank you for commenting. I hope you find my blogs worth reading.
I would like to comment on yours, but I see you have it blocked and it must go through you first.
Would you please consider it?
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

congrats on making it thru the radio-a-thon and not being a complete mess. You're a brave soul for listening to other stories on your way there! The hurt will ease up, I promise. Time heals. But somehow, whenever you connect with another dear soul going through it, the lump (at minimum) will come back. You just had 2 large life changing moments. Give yourself time to heal too! love ya! Kaci