Friday, August 03, 2007

And the beat goes on

It's been a long week around here. Matt left to go backpack with my dad and others last Friday, so I have been ALL alone with 4 kids.
That is up until last Tuesday when Molly offered to bring the kids up and stay with me for a few days. Not sure if 6 kids and 2 moms was the answer I was looking for (more like 2 moms at a day spa while the others go to drop in daycare for lets say, oh - 3 days), but we had a blast!!!

Tuesday we met up in Oshkosh to do a little shopping - you know RETAIL THERAPY!!! But we didn't get to far. We hit just a few stores before 6 kids got out of control (yes, really!)
So, after a little pizza, a whole lot of screaming and crying, we managed to get the kids to bed, somewhat, the girls anyways.
I had decided to invite a few friend over who "stalk" Molly's blog to come over and meet her. My friends Angela and Michelle, and Michelle's baby Ruby came for a little girl time. Notice I didn't say quiet girl time??? Because it was anything but!!!! 4 exhausted / excited boys refused to give up. It ended up being a long night!!!

Wednesday - Yet again, we tried to finish some shopping in Oshkosh. This time we decided to add 3 more children and 1 more mommy ( that's a total of 9 children - all under the ripe age of 5, and 3 moms. Not bad , right???). Oh the looks we got. I felt like we were a part of the BIG LOVE series on HBO. I had to laugh. We got looks, we got comments, but it didn't no stop us from achieving our goal - spend money!

Thursday - we did a little home time. We started our morning off with a little "slip and slide " action. Go
here to view the action. Yes, even I had a few good slides!

After cooling off, we packed up and headed out to the EAA AirVenture Museum. KJ spun Riley and Keegan's poor little heads with all his plane knowledge. I can not believe this kid. He knows it all. WOW - I am so impressed with you KJ!!!

Our day ended with a sad goodbye to our friends. Hope to see you again soon you guys!!!

4 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

We had such a blast!! Thank you for hosting such craziness!

What are you doing next week?

(I kid, I kid!)

my4kids said...

Sounds like fun....hehe.
I've gotten comments before going out with all the kids and extras before a lot more when they were all little but I still get them. I guess it goes with going out with more then a couple of kids, huh?

Anonymous said...

Molly looks great. Both of you look terrific! Way to go with the weight loss!

Michelle said...

Thanks so much for getting me out of the house! Thanks even more for inviting me over - and not to the mall with ump-teen children! Ha! I don't think I'm that brave!!

I love Carson's hat!