Wednesday, April 05, 2006

~ It's a small world ~

Ok, first..I have been asked to to blog again. If I was smart.....I wouldn't have place this picture of Cooper's hernia in the begining of the blog. Now everytime someone checks to see if I have blogged, you see Cooper's "inside's". Sorry about that. :)
Ok, on to business.
About 3 yrs ago I was reconnect with my childhood friend Becky. She grew up across the street from us. My family moved off of Ridge lane when I was in 8th grade and we sort of lost touch . We saw each other in high school, but didn't converse much. She was a year old than me and we hung out with different people. Once we were both out of school, my mom or I would occasionally run into her mom and we would learn bits and pieces of what she was up too. About 3 yrs ago, I had ran into her mom at Kohl's department store. I had just given birth to Riley and Keegan. Her mom had told me that she was pregnant with her first and was living in Conn. and that she was married and had 2 step children. It was wonderful to hear that she was doing well. About a month or so after seeing her mom, I got an email from Becky and she had found me on classmates.com. It was so good to hear from her. Some time later, after a few emails, I had let her know that the kids and I were going ot be out in New Jersey at my grandmother's and that if it would work, it would be great to get together. So, while we were in Jersey, she and her 2 step children and her new little boy Josh came to visit. It was great. We had a good time catching up. It's funny how time flies by and so much happends.....when you look back from when we were in grade school. It makes me smile. We had such a good time growing up together. I remember when we used to dance in our family room to Michael Jackson's "beat it" and we used to make up our own dances.....laughing. Oh how much fun we had.
She comes home ever so often and we met up. I just found out last time she was here that I live almost directly across the street from her cousin, who we also hung out with during Jr high.
It truely is a small world. Becky is looking into starting her own blog as she also now has a toddler and a baby. Can't wait to read Becky!!! Good Luck! Thanks for tracking me down on Classmates..it's be great catching up!

2 comments:

Becky said...

OK I did it... whew..Pastore Villa is my blog... I have to go catch my train now.. but I will keep updating as the week goes on..

Thanks for being a great friend!

Lost A Sock said...

Haha thanks for getting the tomato-looking picture of Cooper's insides off the top of your blog. Seeing it once is good, but a couple times a day, not so much. wink wink

Just popped over to Becky's blog. Her kids are cuties!