Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dun dun dunnnnnnn

Unexpectedly we had a pretty good trip to Milwaukee. Our appointment went as well as could be.
First, have I told you all how GREAT our Cranial Facial doc is???? He is THE BOMB and I think he has a crush on Carson! We were checking in at the front desk and he walked by and said, " There are my little Twinkies". Carson looked at him and she just screamed and started to laugh - like she remembered him or something. Then we get called into the room and the two of them start playing around together. He made the comment - "That's my favorite Carson Mary - she's my favorite patient". It was very cute.
Ok, enough soap opera - on to the appointment. Cooper passed with flying colors. Dr. Jensen was actually very impressed with the shape of Cooper's head. Carson wasn't far behind. I expressed my feeling about her lumpy and bumpy head and the only real place he had some concern was the bump at the top of the head - only because he didn't know what was causing it. The rest of her head doesn't bother him at all.
So, they will go back in August and have their CT's repeated. Hopefully we will get better answers for all the lumps and bumps then. Until then - I will quietly sit here at home worrying about why hers looks so much different than his. That's a mothers job, Right?

As for the Thunder Thigh Thursday - I hit the 71 lb goal today! After fasting and the other "crap" I've had to do, I'm sure I will hit the original goal of 75 lbs by tomorrow morning. YEA! So, we'll see.

Not sure if my husband will post a surgery update tomorrow, but he may email a few of you. Butterflies are starting to set, but I am sure things will go fine.

Thanks to all of you who have offered to help with my kids and meals. It means a lot to us.

Thanks

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...now that that is over, our prayers are turning to you miss cindy!!!!!! we pray everything goes smoothly and you are home and up and at em' soon!

Amy W said...

Glad to hear the good news on the kids. Good luck to you!

Anonymous said...

Good news about the Twinkies! And I'm sure it will be good news about you tomorrow. All our wishes for a speedy and painless recovery.

Lost A Sock said...

I've been slacking on the comments, but I wanted to pop in and say I'm glad everything went well. I hope you manage to get some rest!

:0)