Sunday, March 25, 2007

Oh what to do?

If you remember a couple of post back I had mentioned that I was trying to figure out what to do with my 4 yr olds next year - school wise.
We had just finished the testing for title 1 for Keegan. Well, today we received the letter that he has been excepted into the program. YEA! Except now I am not to sure what to do with Riley. Do I keep her in the same school where she is board out of her mind? Do I pay for her to go to a nice preschool? I just don't know.
How will they do without each other? I guess I am not so worried about her, but I know Keegan is going to be devastated with out her. He is the sensitive one. I think it is going to be hard.

Tonight at dinner we were discussing this topic a bit. I asked Keegan how he would feel if he went to a different school than Riley. He said no, "I want to be with Riley, I will miss her." Riley chimes in and says," Yea, He'll miss me." That goes to show me that she won't have a problem without him. LOL.
I just don't know. I thought it would be easier once I found out if he was accepted or not, but it isn't any easier. It breaks my heart knowing that they will be separated for the first time. I know in the long run it will be good for Keegan, but the transition will be hard - on all of us I'm sure.

So, until then....I will have to sit and ponder what I will do with Riley next school year.

3 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

Wowee... This is a tough one.

Riley cracks me up, though!

Anonymous said...

too bad you're not in kaukauna schools...they could all go to 4K together...maybe you could move over this way before next school year (our neighbors are putting their house for sale later this week :-)

good luck with this one!

Anonymous said...

Here's a thought to ponder -- and mind you, I've never had twins --Maybe you could start separating them for an hour or two every day NOW. Let your dad take just one for a couple of hours on a pretty regular basis. Ease into the length of time they're apart. (A 20-minute trip to the store. An hour doing something else another day.) Maybe just let one go to play at a friend's house -- a boys only thing. Or a girls only thing. You'll have to be creative at creating reasons "why" for the kids.

Regarding outings, treat them more as individual entities with separate interests now and not so much as inseparable twins. Not necessarily all the time, but several times a week might help them see themselves as individuals. Maybe it would help ease Keegan into the separation next fall.

What do you and your other twin moms think?