Wednesday, March 07, 2007

A possibility lingering in the air......

I can not believe that Cooper and Carson have hit there 6 month post op appointment already for their heads. It is truly amazing how fast time has gone and how much these kids have grown.
Tomorrow we head to Children's hospital to meet with our cranial facial surgeon. It is going to be exciting to see what come of it. Cooper is looking better and better everyday. He has actually passed up Carson in the whole standing/creeping/walking category. Who would have thought that 2 months ago. It has been fun to watch this little 3lb 13 oz baby turn into a fun little boy.
Carson on other hand is starting to give me an ulcer I think. I worry about this girls head everyday. I believe - now remember, I am only the parent, I have no experience with this head remodeling jazz, but I believe her head is headed in the wrong direction - again.


She now has a good size "bone" bump on the top of her head. That was never there before. Should it be????

The ridge that she had on the side of her head in November has grown. It is now wider and it is also on both sides of her head, not just the right side. Should this be there?

She is also having issues with "bossing" in the back of her head. Prior to surgery, she had a bit of it in the front, but not much in the back. What is with this?????

Here are the pictures (not to gross anyone out or anything) from prior to surgery and after.

And now here are the pictures from today. "Bossing" out the back.
I know that there is a possibility that when we get to the hospital tomorrow that they may tell me that she may need to be fixed again. What happened? Why has Coops turned out so nice and round and Carson is so misshaped???? I don't know if I have it in my heart to go through this again.

I will blog again after we get home tomorrow.

Please keep them in your prayers.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you guys are always in our prayers, but we'll add an extra special one for carson tonight!

Amy W said...

Definitely keeping you in my prayers, let us know what happened.