Thursday, March 15, 2007

Project "Empty Pumpkin" is complete


It's been just about a week now since project "Empty Pumpkin" has happend.
I am actually feeling pretty good. Except- someone forgot to tell me how bad the gas pains hurt after they deflate you. With having experienced both this laparoscopic surgery and a C-section; I would of asked for a section in a heart beat. If I had known how bad my back would ache, how bad my shoulders would hurt and especially how hard it would to breath the first couple of night - I would of demanded a c-section. Crazy? I know. But your pain would have been centralized at least. They tell you to get up and walk, walk, walk. Well, I have done my fair share of walking and I still have a tinge of gas left in these poor aching shoulders of mine. Hopefully by the weekend it will be gone!

Other wise I am feeling fine. I just have to keep reminding myself that I may feel good, but I am not heeled and not to go crazy with everything. I have had tons of help with the 4 kids and it has been wonderful. It has given me every second I have to get my strength and energy back. Thanks mom and dad for all your help this past week!!!!

As for the lovely side effect of Menopause, I think I started them on Tuesday. It is just like being pregnant again. I'm hot, I'm cold, I'm Hot, I'm Cold..... Nothing that has been life threatening though. So far I am handling it well and I think I will wait a few more weeks before I see what estrogen options I should play with first. If this is really it - It's not as bad as I had imagined. It's worth not ever having to worry about a period again!!

And for the weight loss - honestly I haven't though about it much lately. I am at a 70 lb loss, and that is good enough for me at this point. I can't exercise so it is pretty much useless for me to think I will still be able to lose weight. So, I will start up again when I am able to walk more then 4 laps around my house with out stopping. That would be a good start, right?

So until then, you will find me resting my sore body on either my bed or the couch.

Happy menstrating! :)

No comments: