Monday, March 19, 2007

Head Banging is for Rock Stars - Not babies.

As I sit here writing this entry - I can't help to wonder what it is about babies who head bang. I know - It's never a good sign when your child head bangs, but for what reason? Head aches? Fluid on the brain?
I hope to have answers to these question for Carson tomorrow. Yes, Carson has been head banging on the end of her crib, with blocks that she plays with and even in her high chair. What could be causing this? She never head banged before the surgery and now.... all the time - especially when she is in her crib. I talked with Dr. Jensen Sunday afternoon, who spoke with Dr. Kaufman - our neurosurgeon - and they both agreed that Carson needs to have a CT scan done. Tuesday evening we will be in Milwaukee for the CT - Dr. Jensen will wait with us and hopefully give us some answers to Carson's head banging. I am a bit nervous knowing that they could find nothing - which won't help our situation, and still leave a bunch of questions, or they could find something. Which would help us understand what is going on, but could possibly lead to more surgeries. Let me tell you - You damned if you do and you are damned if you don't.
I will post results of the scan as soon as I get home.
Please keep our little girl in your prayers.

Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CINDY,CINDY, I HAD 2 HEADBANGERS.. WITH GIRLS,(CAN YOU GUESS WHO???) ONE BANGED THE FRONT, THE OTHER THE BACK OF HER HEAD. I USED TO JUST HOLD THEIR HEAD TO THE FLOOR OR WALL (WHICH EVER WAY THEY BANGED) AND TOLD THEM THAT I LOVED THEM AND WOULD NOT LET THEM HURT THEMSELVES. A FEW TIMES WITH BEING VERY CONSISTENT STOPPED IT! I HOPE LITTLE CARSON IS JUST INTO A BAD HABIT AND NOTHING IS WRONG. YOU'RE ALL IN MY PRAYERS. GOD BLESS.

Anonymous said...

my goodness cindy...never a dull moment at the cole house! you guys are always in our prayers!

Amy W said...

Maybe it will stop soon? One can only hope. Good luck with the CT scan.