Friday, March 02, 2007

Pre op Friday

This morning I had my pre op appointment with my Ob/Gyn. Things went well. Once again he tried to talk me out of removing my ovaries. He feels just my uterus would be enough. I disagreed. Besides the bleeding issues - my problem is the poly cystic ovaries. So you might as well just take it all. With removing all of it, 85% of my poly cystic issues will be gone. I may not have to be on metformin which would be 4 less pills I'd have to take a day. Yippee!

We talked a bit about which hormone therapy would be best for me, but I guess it will all be trial and error once that comes to light. They though about 1 week after surgery I would start having hot flashes and night sweats. At that point we will figure out which will be best for me. I go into surgery on the 9th early in the morning and will be there over night. As Dr. Kaldas puts it, he doesn't want me to become a "human trampoline". Which is fine with me!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, Just wanted to leave a message for you to let you know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you on your upcoming surgery. I pray all goes smoothly and you bounce back quickly. God Bless you, Honey! Love, Mrs. C. (Molly's mom)