Tuesday, February 14, 2006

How do I love thee......and they me?

Today is Valentine's day and I am not sure I should be writing this blog, but dag nabit, I need to!
Let me count the ways I love thee.........It's a load of crap! As a mother of 4 young children you would think that I would deserve a day at the spa, or atleast a soild nights sleep, but NO. My husband told me that if I could find heart shaped beer cans that he would then proceed to find me heart shaped jewlery. It's such a crock! Don't get me wrong, I love my family to pieces and wouldn't change a thing, but come on man......I deserve a break! Let me count the ways my family loves me:
1. for doing the dishes - 20 times a day
2. for doing the laundry, 3-5 loads a day
3. for wiping my kids butts - after pooping 80 times a day
4. for being a taxi driver - ok that's for me to get out of our hurricane hit house
5 for picking up toys - a zillion times a day.
6. for being the lunch lady..... even though 9 of 10 times they don't like what is served.
7. for doing crowd control when a fight breaks out.
8. For changing diapers a billion times a day.
9. for feeding babies a few time a day and then being the human burp and barf cloth.
10. For being the hard ass at night when it comes to bed time.
11. AND, for being a softy when it comes to getting up in the night so my DARLING husband doesn't have to!

I'm sure there are other ways they love me, but a the moment, these are the most common ways.
I can't help but to shed a few tears as I am writing this blog.
My mother in law sent me a sweatshirt the other day that said," WORLDS GREATEST MOM", but for some odd reason I do not feel I am worthy of wearing it.
Call me a sissy for writing this email, but to be honest folks.......it's how I truely feel.
So, as I close this blog, go home and tell your other half and family how much you love them and how much they mean to you. Someone should be worthy of hearing it, even if it's not me.

4 comments:

Lost A Sock said...

Cute picture of the kids, but GOOD GREIF girl! Meet me in secret, next weekend, back in Kenosha, and we'll get our damn selves some Valentines treats!

I so hope you feel better soon.

Diane Arias said...

Ooooohhh, honey. That's all I can say... and good for you for venting. Like L.A.S. says... feel better soon.

Diane Arias said...

OK, I totally missed the coordinating outfits... you don't miss a beat TxT!

Frema said...

I hope that by today things have gotten better and your husband has shown how much he appreciates you for all that you do. But if he doesn't, know that the Internet does. :)