Tuesday, February 28, 2006

whoda thought

I have not been one who likes to spend money to have my haircut done by a fancy stylist. I am ashamed to say, that for most of my life I have delt with the young bloods of Master Cut ot Cost Cutters. I just can not see spending more than 15.00 to have my hairs cut. I can't do it. So, prior to Christmas I was looking for some place to take Riley, my 3 yr old, to have her first "professional" hair cut. I found a place here that specializes in kids cut beside the normal business of adults. So, I took Riley for her first cut and it was great. No, it wasn't Cost Cutters or Master Cuts. It's a cute little place btwn the locks here down by the river. Riley really enjoyed it and the cost was fantastic. So, I decided maybe it's time I face my own demonds and pay a little more to have someone do my hair right. So, I made an apt for the week after Christmas. Let's just say, It was terrific. I love the lady who does it. So, while I was there, Becky had a drawing for her customers......FREE HAIR SERVICE FOR A YEAR- with the booking of 2 more apts. I thought to myself hey.....I could schdule 2 more apt and take a chance right? What could I lose?
Well, low and behold, Becky called me a few days later stating that I had won her drawing of FREE HAIR SERVICE FOR A YEAR. Can you imagine???? Me of all people. I feel so bad for all of her regular customers who come to her on a regular basis because they are dedicated to her. Not me, I was trying a "oh, what the hell" apt. So, I sit and think to myself.......Me who has only had minor cuts.....ok, some big cuts.....what would I do with a "free year of hair service". My brain started turning. Well, I had been wanting a perm, so....oh what the hell....it's free! So I made my apt for a perm and whallah.....I was curly. After about 2 weeks or so, I wasn't real thrilled with my curls. Part of my head had taken and part had not taken as well. So, I made and another apt ....because it's FREE ...and wham....I was straight again So, back to being boring brownish black and straight I started thinking again.........How about higlights...that must be pretty expensive and something I would never do.....so once again, I made my apt and zip.......I
have an inverted bob and nice dirty blond highlights. I am so loving this free pampering stuff. I wish I could go everyday. I would go just for the wash and th head massage! talk about total relaxation!
Well, as of today....I love my hair. I will keep you posted if I think of anything else fun to do!

3 comments:

Silly Hily said...

Two sets of twins? Girl, I say you deserve free hair service for a year! How fun. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.
Oh, and I love the highlights.

Diane Arias said...

Love the highlights... OMG, I am SOOOOOO glad you have this. I believe it to be divine intervention... Hell-o sanity!

How'd Riley's hair turn out?

Frema said...

They're gorgeous! Right now I'm doing all-over color since I can't afford to keep up on highlights every six weeks. Try some red ones for me!