Thursday, February 09, 2006

tough times

Where do you start to tell someone who is going through the same things you are that "things will be ok". How do you tell them that " It is only going to get better". How do you explain," I know where you a coming from". When you damn well know that there's a long road ahead us.

Lost a sock and I been good friends for a couple of years now. We've been to hell and back together. And now, we are going through postpartum together. She has one little boy who is the same age as my oldest twins and and our newborns are only 6 weeks apart. The only difference is I have 2 kids to her every 1. She calls me ....I can't remember exactly, but something to the fact of " Wonder woman" or " Super MOM". But to be honest with you, I am no more "SUPER" than she is. She is a wonderful lady, a caring friend, and a SUPER mom. Because I have 4 kids and she has 2, doesn't make us any different as moms. She is dealing with major sleep deprevation and baby issues and I don't know how to help her through this. I wish I had some magical words of wisdom to give her. I can tell her what works for me, but I can't promise that it will work for her. I can lend a ear, but I can't be sure that I am not going to say something stupid like, " oh, did I mention that both of my kids are sleeping through the night now?" or, I feel great today, must be all the sleep I'm getting. I could suprise her with hiring a cleaning lady, but deep down is that what she really wants? I am frustrated.......How did I get to be the lucky one who's kids sleep through the night at 2 1/2 months, and honestly, have been since they got home from the NICU. I am a christian and I believe in God. I just wish he would grant her the same luck that he has give me. Please God, give me the strenght and knowledge to help my dear friend though her troubled times. Molly, I love you to death, If there is anything I can do, please let me know. I am and will always be here for you. Sleep tight my friend, sleep tight.

1 comment:

Lost A Sock said...

With a lump in my throat, thanks.

Maybe we talk so frequently because, subconsciously, we know we're calling somewhere with the same level of craziness as our own. I love to hear your background noise, whether your kids are screaming or laughing, because it feels so normal to me, and serves as a reminder that you GET IT. I love you for getting it.